8:15 - 9:00 Registration, Networking, Sponsor Exhibits and Continental Breakfast
9:00 - 10:00 Welcome & Opening Plenary Session
10:15 - 11:30 Session I Workshops | Click here for full descriptions of the following:
1:00 - 3:15 Lunch & Afternoon Plenary
- 11:45 - 1:00 Workshop Session II | Click here for descriptions of the following: The State of the Housing Market (Powered by Freddie Mac): Affordable Financing Options in a Changing Marketplace
- Housing First: COCs and CDCs Are Perfect Together
- Making Our Communities Healthy: Manufactured Homes and Access for Low Income Seniors and People with Disabilities
- Go Digital! Utilizing Online Media to Publicize Your Organization
- The Fourth Regional Plan: Equitable Planning & Development for the Next Generation
- Fair Housing: NJ Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing in NJ
- Under One Roof: Creating Homes by Working Together
- Housing as a Vaccine: The Role of the Community Development Sector
- Rebuild It: Private Sector Resources for Neighborhood Revitalization and Community Stabilization
- The New Markets Tax Credit Program: Economic Opportunity in Your Community
- Award Presentations
2017 Gubernatorial Candidate Listening Session: Build A Thriving New Jersey
We will release Build A Thriving New Jersey, our blueprint for investing in New Jersey’s housing and community development future. All of the potential gubernatorial candidates from both major parties have been invited to listen and to respond to our plan during this session.
3:30 - 4:30 Affinity Roundtables
4:30 - 5:30 Closing Reception
2016 AWARD WINNERS
Community Development Champion,
The Honorable Ras J. Baraka, Mayor of the City of Newark
This award is presented to a public official who has provided exceptional support and leadership for community development in NJ. Mayor Baraka has been a driving force behind Newark's renaissance, implementing policies that create jobs and affordable homes in the city. He has also been an ally for Network members fighting for environmental justice in the City of Newark.
Exceptional Community Partner,
Supportive Housing Association of New Jersey
This award is presented to a partner or allied organization that works closely with the Network to build strong communities and ensure economic and social justice in our state. As advocates for New Jersey residents living with special needs, the Supportive Housing Association has been a key ally in the fight to protect the Mount Laurel doctrine and increase affordable home opportunities.
Advocacy and Organizing Award,
Ironbound Community Corporation & New Brunswick Tomorrow
This award recognizes outstanding achievement in a local advocacy and/or organizing campaign that furthers the Network's mission: supporting the creation of affordable homes, economic opportunities, and strong communities. We recognize both Ironbound Community Corporation and New Brunswick for their outstanding efforts to make their respective communities thrive.
Outstanding Municipal Partner - New Development,
City of Union City & Springfield Township
Presented to municipalities that have worked with community developers to create more affordable homes in their communities.
Outstanding Municipal Partner - Redevelopment,
Egg Harbor Township & Township of Berkeley
Presented to municipalities that have worked with community developer to revitalize their communities.
Outstanding Municipal Partner - Healthy Homes and Communities,
City of Bridgeton
Presented to municipalities that are effectively addressing widespread issues that impact the health of neighborhoods and residents.
Lasting Achievement Honorees
A recognition of our community development members who are reaching milestone anniversaries between 30 & 50 years.
Celebrating 50 Years...
Bergen Volunteer Center Founded in 1966
Ocean Community Economic Action Now (O.C.E.A.N., Inc.) Founded in 1966
Tri-City Peoples Corporation Founded in 1966
Celebrating 35 Years...
Isles, Inc. Founded in 1981
Celebrating 30 Years...
Camden County Habitat for Humanity Founded in 1986
Camden Lutheran Housing, Inc Founded in 1986
Garden State Episcopal CDC Founded in 1986
Gloucester County Habitat for Humanity Founded in 1986
Habitat For Humanity of Trenton Founded in 1986
HomeFirst Founded in 1986
Homes For All, Inc. Founded in 1986